As a Friend of Wisdom, you support:
- Discovering Yidong Xinag: Wisdom’s Native American environmental science and Native peer mentorship program
- Wisdom Gardens: Includes our ethnobotanical, pollinator, Three Sisters and rain gardens plus all the berry patches and raised vegetable garden beds
- Wisdom Workforce Development: providing environmental assessment and habitat restoration training and career pathways for Portland’s Native adults
- Wisdom of the Elders Multimedia and Filmmaking: including the Native Wisdom Documentary Film Series, Wisdom of the Elders Radio Program, and Discovering Our Story Television Program
- Emerging Native Film Academy: an internship for emerging Native filmmakers
- Native Wisdom Community Consultations
- Public events, including film festivals, film screenings and community consultations, and
- Northwest Indian Storytellers Association’s annual storytelling event
Your one-time or recurring donation helps continue our work of Native American cultural preservation, multimedia education and race reconciliation.
Your contribution is 100% tax-deductible (Tax ID# 93-1164114)
Kind words from our Friends:
“As many of you are aware, our ancestors have always honored the tradition of generosity, and we hope that Wisdom can count on you to continue that practice. We are deeply grateful for those of you that have already given your financial support, and our wish is that you will be inspired to share this opportunity to give, with your colleagues, friends, relatives. Thank you!”
~ Gerry RainingBird
“I am so pleased and fortunate to be here, working and sharing with Wisdom of the Elders organization; more than anything I want to learn, I want to hear the stories of the Elders.
I think if we are good students to these teachers, we will learn to live well, live now, with a heart full of compassion; think of all that their eyes have seen, how much joy and pain their hearts have experienced. I have always called their teachings ‘heart treasures’. What treasures they have to share!
~ Teresa Florendo
“Wisdom of the Elders is important, to be able to connect as a whole. Not only are you connecting with your own roots, you are helping each other in a spiritual way by sharing your own experiences. People say, “I want to help change the world, our community” well, this is what Wisdom of the Elders is about.
To create that change, that big motion, that everyone is craving for, that everyone wants to be a part of. But they just need a little push. Well, this is the push! It is being created not only for your soul, but for your mind and your heart, to be able to connect as one.”
~ Jacquelyn Nielsen
“Wisdom of the Elders has been an exemplary organization for the Native community. It is such a vital piece to our culture. It is through preservation of our elders’ stories and experience that keep us alive, as well as teaching us vital lessons that can help us persevere in our own lives and give us an understanding of who we are as human beings.
I’m so appreciative for the people who serve on behalf of the organization. Their dedication and belief in the program is a testimony of how important it is to hear our elders and record their wisdom and experience. It is through their experience that gives hope and faith in our Creator. Wisdom of the Elders has helped generations come together.”
~ Rochelle Nielsen